Role: As the Senior Manager – Finance and Accounts,
The primary role is to influence strategic outcome, by aligning the finance and accounts policies, systems and processes to the overall Strategic Plan. The role will implement and contribute to the finance and accounts policy and operations, and ensure process and systems compliance, under the guidance of the Governing Body.
The core responsibilities are –
- Design and develop various financial systems and processes
- Design and develop budgeting formats
- Design and develop financial workflows
- Design, develop and maintain financial management information
- Finalization of books of accounts and preparation of financial statements
- Cash flow management
- Building capacity of the team on budgeting, financial and MIS reporting
- Building and nurturing talent to develop the next line of managers
- Supporting in audits (internal and external), FAS and filing statutory returns
- Supporting in managing grants and reviewing financial transactions
- Ensuring compliance to the relevant statutory processes
- Exception reporting
- supporting in finalization of book of accounts
Reports to: The CFO
- Interacts with and is influenced by the CEOs (Group organizations), members of the Governing Body, Audit Accountability and Transparency Committee (AATC), Strategy2Results (S2R) team, Thematic and other Enabler leads, and their respective teams
- Influences the Reporting Officers and all the employees of the organization.
Age and Gender: No restrictions
● Ideally a post-graduate with knowledge and skill in finance and accounting systems and processes
● Minimum of 10 years experience of Finance and Accounts Management preferably in the social development sector Knowledge ● In-depth knowledge of designing and implementing various financial processes, systems and policies ● Of various financial management tools and accounting software, and application to the specific needs of the organization ● Of industry/sector best practices, and application to the organization ● In-depth knowledge of relevant laws to ensure statutory compliance. Skills
- ● Relationship building which will help to work with thematic experts, stakeholders, experts etc, and managing expectations at all levels ● Proficiency in the use of financial management tools and familiarity with accounting software. Working knowledge of using ERP/MIS tools is an added advantage ● Application of financial management knowledge in a development sector context ● Analytical skills to report financial data, and influence all stakeholders with data
- Geography: Would be based at Head Office in Bangalore.